[bf1942] Off Topic Admin Question

Bill Cuffley bcuffley at netarus.com
Fri Jul 25 22:55:04 EDT 2003

Sorry for using this channel as a commercial medium, but I do feel that
our product addresses the problems discussed within and it may help a
lot of you out while Kevin is still developing his Linux Remote Server
Manager.  Our product is not meant to replace the native control
interfaces that come with most servers or even Kevin's for that matter.
However, it can be used to supplement it.

We, at Netarus, are working on a product that addresses these problems,
and others related to it.  Our product is called Server Control
Interface (www.scinterface.com).  Basically, our product gives you a web
interface to control multiple application servers (not limited to
BF1942), where you can immediately see the status of your servers, start
and stop them, modify startup parameters and configuration files
associated with these application servers.  Our system also keeps a log
of everything that has been done.  Since this interface is
user-oriented, you can assign different permissions to users of this
system.

Anyways, we are currently recruiting beta testers, so if you would like
to have this system setup for free to help you out, please feel free to
fill out our beta tester application form at
http://www.scinterface.com/demo_signup.php or contact us at
beta at scinterface.com.

Bill Cuffley
Chief Technology Officer