[bf1942] Info on the next beta

Andreas, Fredriksson andreas.fredriksson at dice.se
Fri Jul 25 06:53:51 EDT 2003

On lower-end CPUs such as the Duron the timing for the mainloop
can cause the server to sleep to much when it really should be
trying to keep up with the load.

This almost never happens on highend servers because they are
fast enough to allow more sleeping without getting to far behind.

I'm pretty sure this is one of the reasons people are seeing less
than 100% CPU utilization and game lag. It's on the TODO list
together with the one million other things :-)

// Andreas