[bf1942] Best Gentoo Kernel for Game servers? Andreas :)

Mario Ohnewald mario.Ohnewald at gmx.de
Fri Jul 25 05:35:31 EDT 2003

I dont use Gentoo myself, but every distr has more or less the same kernel.
Get a kernel from www.kernel.org, ONLY build in the stuff you need (such as
IDE drivers, P3, etc..) and throw everything else out (Sound cards, USB,
ISDN, etc..)
That would make a new shiny kernel. ;D

The smaller the faster, if you dont forget anything such as the IDE drivers
wich improved a lot in 2.4.21 ;D

Spiekey