[bf1942] Info on the next beta (more features..)

Steven Hartland killing at barrysworld.com
Thu Jul 24 20:38:12 EDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew Chen" <achen-bf1942 at divo.net>
> If you start the server in windows with "cmd.exe /c start /abovenormal
> bf1942.exe +restart 1 [...]", it will lose the abovenormal priority
> settings after the next map change (presumably at the next map
> change).  Can you have BF restore its priority level after a map change?

This will be because on map change a new process is exec'd should be
a mater of just checking the current process priority and setting it for the
new process. BTH though it shouldnt make too much diff.

> BTW, please don't make priority an option in the config file.  Imagine how
> much it would suck if customers of game hosting companies could change
> their server priority just by FTPing a new config file :)

But if it was on our system you could just make it a restricted variable and
they wouldn't be able to :P

    Steve / K