Server performance, again?

Tyler "Overkill" Schwend tasf at tds.net
Thu Jul 10 20:08:54 EDT 2003

Ok, I just installed the BF1942 Linux server... I don't
understand something. The CPU usage is like 1% with 2 players on.
Memory is not a problem. I'm on a T3 that is very quiet. However,
the server is running at 50 fps and the few people who are in can
feel some hesitation when they move around. It seems like 50 fps
is almost nothing.... Is this the problem that it seems like it
would be? Low server FPS = Hesitation on client side?

What things did most of you do with the vanilla install to get it
rolling?

---------
Tyler "[TASF]Overkill" Schwend
"Semper facere bonum, an a amare odium, vita mors."
---
Server operator of [LCGA]Telefragged:
Counter-Strike: telefragged.lynchburg.edu:27015
http://schwend-t.web.lynchburg.edu
http://gamephilez.us