[bf1942] Newbie to 1.4

Rowan Smith rsmith at fsdtech.net
Sun Jul 6 23:37:00 EDT 2003

http://bf1942.lightcubed.com/forums/

  _____

From: Brian Berglund [mailto:smokey at giventofly.com]
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2003 10:08 AM
To: bf1942 at icculus.org

Hi all,

I got the new server, installed with the 1.4 open beta 4.

Then I installed openbeta 5 and then 7.

I started the server with the following command.

screen -dmS bfserver ./start.sh +statusMonitor +game BF1942

I made little to no changes to the ServerSettings.con since I just wanted to
test the new server.

Then I applied the full 1.4 windows patch to my client game.  I checked this
because it says v1.4 in the lower right hand corner of the main menu.

When I try to connect to the server, I get Data Differs.

I couldn't see it in the lan section, so I had to add server in the internet
section.  I put my local ip in and then I got the error almost right away.

Does anyone have any good scripts?  Or know how to get any gui interfaces
working with the linux dedicated?

I download the BFRemoteManager2.0 to try and that seems not to be able to
connect.

Help help help.

Thanks.