AW: [bf1942] chown on start?

ScratchMonkey ScratchMonkey at SewingWitch.com
Sat Jul 5 19:11:14 EDT 2003

--On Saturday, July 05, 2003 3:19 PM +0200 Christopher Kunz
<chrislist at de-punkt.de> wrote:

> This (in form of APCC Powerswitches) is a nice-to-have, but 24/7 on-site
> personnel is absolutely indispensable. We used to have a few customers
> whose boxes insisted on coming back up with a pretty strict iptables
> ruleset (I think that is what happens if you install a RedHat 7.2 with
> "high security" enabled in the installation wizard). And since we are
> also a good 2-hour drive away from our data center, we were very pleased
> to have Linux-savvy techs fix that issue up within 5 minutes. :-)

Agreed. I always test a firewall rule set in memory before committing it
with "service iptables save", so I don't get into that particular
situation. However, I haven't been able to upgrade my kernel because
there's no way for me to revert to a working one if the replacement doesn't
work. I'm waiting to get a terminal box hooked up to the serial port (the
box has BIOS support for a serial console, as does GRUB), so I can make
that upgrade.