[bf1942] Server config.

Steve Grecni steve at steem.com
Fri Jan 31 02:07:27 EST 2003

John Rinz wrote:
> Thanks!
> Now the bigger questions.  Do I have to get all of the patches and apply
> them in order or just the latest one?
> Do I use the map files that are in the 50 meg tarball (Total about 8
> megs) or do I use the ones off my w32 system that are about 527 megs?
> Also what do I have to do to get say the Desert_Combat mod to work?  I
> copied over my whole mod folder from w32 and the server is acting pretty
> shitty.  I couldn't get more than one person into it at a time.  Even
> then it was giving me "connection problems..."
> The Linux box is running Slackware, with a k62/550 processor 256 RAM and
> about a  gig of swap that it's not much using.
> Any further ideas?  And thanks ALOT for the great software!

You just need the big one, and the latest patch, you don't need to apply
all of them.  And NO NO NO, you don't need your windows maps, or
anything else from a windows install, except maybe a config file if you
wish.

To start up Desert Combat execute:
  "bf1942_lnxded +game Desert_Combat"

bf1942 is a hog on resources, especially the linux version so far it
seems.  Don't expect to be hosting a 26 player server on that machine.
There's really not much you can do about, short of buying a faster linux
box.