Server config.

John Rinz unknown255 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 30 17:49:39 EST 2003

I just joined this list as I just realized this software existed.
When I look in my mods/bf1942/Archives/bf1942/levels folder on the server
the files are very small (8 megs total) looking on my Windows machine this
folder is 527 megs.  I want to add some of the maps I have on my Win machine
to my Linux server.  Should I overwrite the existing map files with the
massive Win32 versions?  Does this make the server work better?
Also is there an FAQ for this thing?  I can guess at the meanings of all the
settings in ServerSettings.con, but I'd rather have a little help.

Hell, I signed up for this list originally because I was getting the "This
has expired..." from the original release and I couldn't locate any of the
patches until Thanil sent in his error message the patch names he had
applied. Luckily he specified the exact file name and I was able to locate
it with Google.  (BTW, thanks Thanil!)