[bf1942] Mysterious connection problem?

Daniel Malmgren danielmalmgren at shaw.ca
Thu Jan 30 10:48:27 EST 2003

I dunno but I use a Linksys Router for my home LAN and have set the Linux
Server to a DMZ so it shouldn't be rejecting anything as I have turned off
the Firewall on the Linux Machine.  Thus it should be totally open.
Although I didn't set the IP through the ServerSettings.con file as every
time I do that no-one can connect to it.

eg:
game.setServerIP (left blank)
game.setServerPort 1456

As for not being seen on Gamespy, a lot of people as we've all seen are not
able to be seen, yet in the client I do see a number of Linux Servers
listed...not sure how they managed to get their's working and listed
correctly.  Also do we have to apply ALL the patches or just the latest
one....  I only applied the latest one  and none of the others and it seems
to be working just fine.

Daniel