[bf1942] Having Problems with RedHat 8.0 and BF1942 lnxded 1.2beta1

Scratch Monkey ScratchMonkey at SewingWitch.com
Wed Jan 29 13:56:31 EST 2003

--On Wednesday, January 29, 2003 5:36 PM +0100 Christian Lahme
<lahme at 4all-networks.de> wrote:

> thanx to scratch monkey. i´ve forget this kind of testing... now it´s
> okay .. server is setting up the correct ports but there is still no
> abbilitiy to connect on this ports.. why?

Take a look at your system logs when you attempt to connect, see if you get
firewall messages or some other interesting datapoint.

I like to use "ls -lt /var/log | head" to see what log files were just
touched, and then use tail on those to see the last few lines.

You could try using tcpdump to sniff the bf42 ports and see if any packets
go in or out.