Having Problems with RedHat 8.0 and BF1942 lnxded 1.2beta1

Christian Lahme lahme at 4all-networks.de
Wed Jan 29 10:43:33 EST 2003

Hi everybody,

we tried installing the beta on a dual PIII-Xeon 1,GHZ with 1 GB of RAM
and SCSI-Drives. The system has been a RedHat 8.0 Distr. with Kernel
2.4.18-19 or later 2.4.20-2.25.

Everything on the Maschine works fine, the server-application for bf1942
start with thousands of errors, okay we´ve heard the we have to ignore
them. But no Connection from clients on any port is possible. The
maschine runs without any firewall, by the way.

So we tested with stdout pushing into a protocol-file. And the we see...

"
gamespy: trying to bind to 62.4.68.216, port 23000.

gamespy: successfully bound.
"

mmh.. and that´s it what we get every time starting the server even if
we have set the Port to 14567 or some other.

Which OS do you use for hosting bf1942-servers? Are there known comp.
problems with Redhat?

Yours...

--
Christian Lahme <lahme at 4all-networks.de>