[bf1942] MODS / Desert Combat

Paul Holcomb bf1942-linuxserver at blue.cpoint.net
Tue Jan 28 22:21:26 EST 2003

On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 07:16:15PM -0800, -=Psykoral=- wrote:
> What's your CPU usage out of this mod?
> I know the Linux beta of the BF server has it's
> processor usage issues, but once I tried to run
> a server with this mod it seemed to jump to
> 90% of one processor, even with no one in it.
> Crashes WAY more frequently too.

 It really depends on the map.  Wake, for example, is unplayable.

 Also, we are experimenting with running all the bf1942 data files
 from an md (mirror) made up of a disk partition and also a ram disk.
 It seems that at least part of the CPU time is caused by I/O wait.

 I'll post if it helps.

--
Paul Holcomb                               *pholcomb    \@      cpoint  net*
Sr. Network Engineer                       Counterpoint Networking, Inc.