[bf1942] Desert Combat

Alex Bergin akb at eftel.com
Wed Jan 22 12:12:49 EST 2003

It wasn't modified on the windows install, however I copied the init.con
from the mods/Desert_Combat directory, and overwrote the version in the
mods/bf1942 directory.

It didn't work very well after that, but after looking at the init.con I
found that the value of the entry for 'game.addMofPath' was spelt with a
upper case M as in 'Mods/..'. With Linux being a case sensitive OS, I
changed, it to lower case, because the directory was actually 'mods'. Since
doing this, the game (apparently - what people have tested - I don't have
the game to test it) is loading the mod fine, and people can play.

The only thing I am curious about now, is that when you query the server,
the "Game ID" shows up as "BF1942". If you query a Windows based Desert
Combat server, the value of the entry is 'Desert Combat' like its suppose to
be... Oh well.. I guess this doesn't mean much, because the server is still
working fine. :) Ta for your help Bill.

Regards
Alex Bergin
optik at games.eftel.com