[bf1942] DoS vulnerability in game servers (including BF1942)

Morten Striboldt morten at boomtown.net
Tue Jan 21 03:20:03 EST 2003

That does not look like you have been exploited, it might as well been
normal gameplay.
BF consumes a great deal of bandwidth.

With 2 x 40 players on one of our servers, we use almost 10 Mbit. You
need to take a look at the query trafic, to make sure you have been
exploited, not the general outbound trafic.

Best regards / Med venlig hilsen
Morten Striboldt - Game administrator
Boomtown.net

http://du.divo.net/at1.png
http://du.divo.net/at2.png

Each box is running only 1 bf1942 server.  Damn.  This is going to be
expensive for hosting companies.  :/