[bf1942] beta server build for DEC Alpha

ScratchMonkey ScratchMonkey at SewingWitch.com
Mon Jan 20 18:02:18 EST 2003

--On Monday, January 20, 2003 1:52 PM -0700 Lance Lester Locey
<lll6 at email.byu.edu> wrote:

> I'm a newbie to the Linux world. I got my hands on a DEC Alpha file
> server. Is there any way I can get a linux build for my processor?

Nope. Ryan has already stated that he won't build optimized copies for
variants of Intel chips, so building for something completely different is
going to be out of the question. He doesn't have the time to build Intel
variants, and EA is apparently being tight on providing development
resources like machines to build on, so he certainly won't have an Alpha to
play with.

You could of course negotiate with EA and Ryan to pay for a custom port. Be
ready with a fat wallet, though! ;)