[bf1942] New Build ... now w/ Bots.

Udo Held udo at udoheld.de
Sat Jan 18 22:09:01 EST 2003

Hi!

On Sat, Jan 18, 2003 at 05:41:45PM -0500, Ryan C. Gordon wrote:
[..]
> Bots use a lot of CPU. Please don't complain about this.

Well. My box 1300 MHz AMD TB. Enough RAM. I'm alone on my lan and I
would wish the server would eat up more than 30-40% of CPU and therefore
the bots would be more intelligent.

I can run through a big group of bots and they don't even recognize me.

Is there a chance for more intelligent bots like the Windows ones I'm
used to? :)

My server-cfg:
game.serverName "anybody's BF-Server"
game.serverDedicated 1
game.serverGamePlayMode GPM_COOP
game.serverGameTime 20
game.serverMaxPlayers 16
game.serverScoreLimit 0
game.serverInternet 0
game.serverNumberOfRounds 2
game.serverSpawnTime 10
game.serverSpawnDelay 3
game.serverGameStartDelay 10
game.serverGameRoundStartDelay 10
game.serverSoldierFriendlyFire 100
game.serverVehicleFriendlyFire 100
game.serverTicketRatio 100
game.serverAlliedTeamRatio 1
game.serverAxisTeamRatio 1
game.serverCoopAiSkill 100
game.serverCoopCpu 70
game.serverPassword ""
game.ServerBandwidthChokeLimit 64
game.ServerMaxAllowedConnectionType CTLanT1
game.ServerAllowNoseCam 1
game.ServerFreeCamera 0
game.ServerExternalViews 1
game.ServerAutoBalanceTeams 0
game.ServerNameTagDistance 50
game.ServerNameTagDistanceScope 300
game.ServerKickBack 0.000000
game.ServerKickBackOnSplash 0.000000
game.setServerSoldierFriendlyFireOnSplash 100
game.setServerVehicleFriendlyFireOnSplash 100
game.setServerIP 192.168.0.1
game.setServerPort 14567

> The server is still single threaded, and still gives a 30+ ping on the LAN
> (since it's doing network updates each tick...30 ticks per second. Do the
> math). This will be corrected in a later build, either by returning to
> threads, or doing packet handling outside of the server tick code. I am
> aware of it.

My ping on the lan is 30-120 while the server doesn't even eat up 50% of
my CPU.

> Ok, everyone, please test. The bots were the last glaringly obvious
> problem, so now I can focus on the less obvious problems (the crashes,
> memory leaks, network desync, etc). If you had a stack trace you posted
> before, please post it again for this build so we see where things stand
> at this point.

My first test was pretty good beside the bots intelligence. For coop
playing I will prefer a Windowslistenserver. :)

> Next build (assuming nothing really embarassing pops up tonight) will be
> after LinuxWorld.

hf

Udo