[bf1942] Linux Update - EXPIRED??

Jan Van Overbeke zebrapad at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 18 06:28:37 EST 2003

> Bots?  It works good for beginners, and if they can ever respond
> correctly,
> it could keep a server running a little better. All and all, real
> people are
> the best opponents when you want to compete. I don't like bots myself, but
> if they had more skill, utilizing them may even be fun.

UT2k3 has the only skilled bots I know (from the creator of the Quakeworld
Omicron bots), bf1942 bots simply look for a target. Even newbies would get
mad if a bot jumped in a tank or a plane right in front of them, or if the
bot wouldnt let loose of a battleship, even if a scout gave a target for
artillery. Don't tell anyone this is fun.
This not only counts for bf1942: bots are definetly a NO!

> Berlin is a fine map, just can't let the germans get the flag next to
> ruskies base. I have been on teams that owned on both sides.

OK, I haven't played those maps in CTF.
But I was playing El Alamein along with 50 players, having o-so fun.
Next map however, was Berlin.
Great game (not), but this happens all too often.

> Now Friendly fire. Oh man, The only really sad thing about the
> play time on
> EA servers besides the lag disconnects which occur way too often, are the
> little kiddies that come into the server to see how low their score can
> go... i.e. the lowest I have seen one was -60 meaning 30 tk's in a match.
> This happens all the time too on some servers.  People need to be able to
> VOTE these lil *#*$*@'s off the server much easier. I have tried
> to vote one
> time and it gave me an error.  Sorry I don't have the command now that I
> used and it's late.   BUT voting really needs to be taught, or Admins must
> adhere penalties more frequently.  It's really out of hand.

Votekicking isnt really necessary.
Penalties work as well.