Server visibility problem

fang at clanrh.com fang at clanrh.com
Wed Jan 15 12:08:33 EST 2003

Hi everyone.  I'd like to start by thanking Mr. Gordon et al. for their work
on this project; I've been waiting for a linux dedicated server since BF1942
came out.

I am attempting to run an internet server.  While the server installed and
starts with no problems, I am unable to view it in either the in-game
browser or the All-Seeing Eye.  Connecting to it by manually specifying IP
and port works, though.  While the server is behind a firewall, the firewall
only blocks lower-number ports, such as the ones used for SMTP or FTP, so I
doubt that is to blame.  I have tried setting the game.setServerIP variable
to both the machine's IP address and 0.0.0.0 to no avail.

Has anyone encountered this problem?  If so, how can it be resolved?  Thanks
for your help, and I'm sorry if this is a RTFM situation--I've only checked
the January archive.

    - Chris Kaukl