clients cannot connect

Donald Maner donjr at maner.org
Mon Jan 13 22:39:20 EST 2003

Pardon me if this question has been asked before, I was unable to find a
list archive.

I have done everything I can think of, but I can't connect.

I'm using the bf1942-lnxded-betaupdate-build-1041834125 build.

I downloaded and extracted the original beta1, then extracted the above
build over it.

The server shows up through HLSW, and a nmap of the 23000 and 14567
ports says that they're open. But I cannot get it to show in the in-game
browser nor am I able to directly connect to it.

Any ideas?

My ServerSettings.con is as follows: (Real and correct IP is in the
ServerSettings.con on the box)

game.serverName "Totalhost.org BF1942"
game.serverDedicated 0
game.serverGamePlayMode GPM_CQ
game.serverGameTime 0
game.serverMaxPlayers 32
game.serverScoreLimit 0
game.serverInternet 0
game.serverNumberOfRounds 3
game.serverSpawnTime 20
game.serverSpawnDelay 3
game.serverGameStartDelay 20
game.serverSoldierFriendlyFire 100
game.serverVehicleFriendlyFire 100
game.serverTicketRatio 100
game.serverAlliedTeamRatio 1
game.serverAxisTeamRatio 1
game.serverCoopAiSkill 75
game.serverCoopCpu 20
game.serverPassword ""
game.ServerBandwidthChokeLimit 0
game.ServerAllowNoseCam 1
game.ServerFreeCamera 1
game.ServerExternalViews 1
game.ServerAutoBalanceTeams 1
game.ServerNameTagDistance 50
game.ServerNameTagDistanceScope 300
game.ServerKickBack 0
game.ServerKickBackOnSplash 0
game.setServerSoldierFriendlyFireOnSplash 100
game.setServerVehicleFriendlyFireOnSplash 100
game.setServerIP xx.xxx.xxx.xx
game.setServerPort 14567