[bf1942] Wouldn't a news group be better than email?

jjohnso1 at sbcglobal.net jjohnso1 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 11 12:16:18 EST 2003

Even if spoofing were not a problem, remember that the nature of the TCP/IP
protocol, there isn't an easy way to find someone's MAC address from across
the internet anyway.  If you query ARP for an IP locally, you're actually
going to get back the MAC for your "next hop" device -- not the violator's
MAC address.  So you'd be effectively banning everyone, if your server only
had a single route into your local segment.

As others have pointed out though, this a suggestion/feature/question that
could be better answered by DICE.

John