[bf1942] Wouldn't a news group be better than email?

kenk at shreve.net kenk at shreve.net
Sat Jan 11 09:29:59 EST 2003

> Well I don't know about that, if admins preferred mailing lists Ken's
> BF1942 admin list would be bulging at the seams right? (I am referring
> to the off-topic non-beta-testing discussions that happen in this
> list... like, ahem, this one ;)
>
> -kevin

Well I didnt exactly advertise it heavily and it didnt have Ryan's
blessing or involvement. People are going to go to the place where they
expect the most help/answers. If Ryan switched to my list, wouldnt you all
follow? Of course you would. Anyway, it wasnt about the list, it was about
the news feed. If we used Mailman as the list server we could have both
and give people a choice. That was my only point. I just find it easier to
navigate a news feed than a mailing list. IMHO of course.

-Ken