[bf1942] Wouldn't a news group be better than email?

john g-lists at cloned.org.uk
Fri Jan 10 06:53:37 EST 2003

On Thu, 9 Jan 2003, Michael Welch wrote:

> I find the information from this group very informative ... but if I
> don't get to checking my email one day I find myself burried from all
> the messages and replies.  I think it would be more efficient and easier
> on all of our in boxes if someone set up a news group.  That way someone
> could post a message and the reply could be appended in thread fashion.
> Just a thought.

You could always not read? :P Newsgroups are more a pain in the arse than
e-mail to be honest, as getting a group set up for each game that ryan
works on would be to cumbersome. If you want to discuss general BFadmin
stuff which does seem to appear on this list too much, then it should go
into forums, but the list was setup for discussion of the beta rather than
admin stuff (AIUI). There is too much off topic stuff which is why its so
noisy here.

john