[bf1942] High performance build

Zachary Williams admin at ztnet.com
Thu Jan 9 20:25:40 EST 2003

I'd much rather Ryan be debugging, as this is STILL 'BETA' software.  CPU
optimizations, will not create bugs (or rarely will in any instance).
Should they not create bugs, there is no reason to do them now for debugging
purposes.  Should they actually create bugs, then having to debug several
differant versions simulteneously will just make the development time
increase.

First rule in software development.  Make it work with as much as possible
and be as stable as possible.  THEN work on optimizing things for
performance.  Doing it the other way around will just create more work, and,
I am certain people are more concerned with stability than anything at this
point.  A fast server that crashes every day and gets laggy after a few
hours, is pointless.  I'd rather have a server that's rock solid, and uses a
few more resources.

Zach