[bf1942] quick question

Mick Smothers mick at micksmothers.net
Thu Jan 9 11:30:35 EST 2003

Here's how I do it on my firewall using iptables:

This section punches the hole in the FW...

echo -e "      - Allowing EXTERNAL access to the BF1942 dedicated
server"
$IPTABLES -A INPUT -i $EXTIF -m state --state NEW,ESTABLISHED,RELATED \
-p tcp -s $UNIVERSE -d $EXTIP --dport 14567 -j ACCEPT
$IPTABLES -A INPUT -i $EXTIF -m state --state NEW,ESTABLISHED,RELATED \
-p udp -s $UNIVERSE -d $EXTIP --dport 14567 -j ACCEPT

and here is the DNAT section that does the appropriate port
forwarding...

# BF1942 Dedicated Server
$IPTABLES -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 14567 -i $EXTIF \
        -j DNAT --to my.int.server.address:14567
$IPTABLES -t nat -A PREROUTING -p udp --dport 14567 -i $EXTIF \
        -j DNAT --to my.int.server.address:14567

Obviously replace the "my.int.server.address" with the ip of your
internal BF1942 server, and you should be in business.

- Mick