[bf1942] Lan Server

Hamish Rodda meddie at yoyo.its.monash.edu.au
Tue Jan 7 08:31:03 EST 2003

I had the same problem with not seeing the sever on the lan until I changed game.setServerIP from my real IP to 0.0.0.0 - that fixed it (but of course I'd assume it's now bound to all interfaces).  This did not happen with build 1039933525 which was the last I used.

Now I have the other reported problem, where the first player movement causes a crash (plus I noticed quite some lag before it quit):

./bf1942_lnxded: relocation error: ./bf1942_lnxded: symbol sin, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference

Using glibc 3.2.1, debian unstable.  Couldn't get a core dump even with ulimit -c unlimited.  Might try valgrind if I'm feeling adventurous.

I'm going to a 1,000 player lan on the weekend - should be good for testing this if we get it going :).

Cheers,
Hamish.