[bf1942] Re: New Build and FreeBSD

David Thomas Strock dtstrock at csd.uwm.edu
Mon Jan 6 17:34:27 EST 2003

> > I also see something strange on any map, after 15 minutes or so there
> > seems to be a lot of lag getting in and out of vehicles (performing any
> > action).  It gets preogressively worse (first it's about a 1/2 second
> > delay getting in/out, then a second, then 2, etc).  Anyone else seen this
> > (I get it on Redhat and FreeBSD)?
>
> There's probably a list that isn't getting trimmed, so it gets
> progresively longer to process it with each frame. Do you find CPU usage
> starts skyrocketing? Others have said they get lag but have a good
> ping...are you seeing this?
>
> There are some STL operations that run in O(1) time in Microsoft's
> implementation that run in O(n) in STLport...I'll have to root around for
> those, too.

I get this same type of choppy play after the first round on each map.
After each map change the first round plays fine, but any rounds after get
progressivly choppier. (Lag getting into vehicles, etc) Also, I'm still
getting the "Warning: Connection problems..." on Wake, Midway, and
Guadalcanal, but Iwo Jima and Coral Sea play fine.

-Dave