[bf1942] how do u guys see the game in the browser?

David Thomas Strock dtstrock at csd.uwm.edu
Thu Jan 2 16:14:21 EST 2003

> > One thing I was thinking is maybe we should try and find a link between
> > those of us that are having problems with seeing the server. I have my
> > server behind a router, and its DMZ'd to allow access to it. Those that
> > are having problems, post something about your setup so we can find
> > something in common.
>
> Does that mean the server has a private or public IP address? If you are
> doing masquarading / NAT of some kind then I could imagine that might well
> break it.
>
> john

Yeah, it has both a private IP on the lan, and since it's DMZ'd it also
has the public IP. Any trafic that comes into the router that wasn't
specifically requested by one of the other machines on the lan, gets sent
to the DMZ'd host. I have a feeling that this does have something to do
with it, hence the post, but it was working fine in previous builds.

-Dave