Failure to open ports

ScratchMonkey ScratchMonkey at SewingWitch.com
Thu Jan 2 09:59:43 EST 2003

Using the xmas build, if I restart from the command line (ssh) the server
starts pretty reliably, but if I restart from a webscript (PHP issuing same
command using sudo), the server exhibits the "trying to bind to
255.255.255.255" behavior. It only opens the remote admin port, but no
GameSpy or player ports. I'm suspecting this is some kind of timing bug
regarding restarts, perhaps with the sockets not getting shut down cleanly
when a SIGTERM is received so they're not available immediately when it
comes back up. (But I have a 6 second delay between stop and start and it
still fails.)

In my ServerSettings.con:

game.serverInternet 1
game.setServerIP 66.28.14.59