[bf1942] how do u guys see the game in the browser?

john g-lists at cloned.org.uk
Thu Jan 2 09:03:21 EST 2003

This might help.
I have the following settings set, and it appears to work fine:

game.serverInternet 1
game.setServerIP <my_IP>
game.setServerPort 14567

You need to make sure your server binds to port 23000 for the gamespy port
stuff to work, which will probably require getting the most up to date patch
which I believe is bf1942-lnxded-betaupdate-build-1040889129.tar.

gamespy: trying to bind to <my_IP>, port 23000.

I also have

[games at games1 Settings]$ cat AdminSettings.con
admin.enableRemoteAdmin <password>
admin.enableRemoteConsole <username> <password> 4711

[games at games1 Settings]$ cat ServerAutoExec.con
admin.enableRemoteAdmin <password>

and mine binds to the IP I set fine, and is visible in the browsers.

john