[bf1942] Best Version of Linux to run for this test?

sittnduck sittnduck at bioclan.com
Wed Jan 1 13:22:17 EST 2003

I don't agree with the low-end machine idea, our linux box is pretty
competent(1.2/512/T3) and we continue with the same problems. We did further
testing with the chokelimit set at 1024/1024 and tried other idea's as
suggested here and we came up with the same results in the end. The post
concerning increasing memory usage is accurate, on each restart of the map
cycle there is a noticable increase in lag and in the amount of memory the
server is using. On the first map with 6 players, we were not lagging and
had good performance. We are going to implement a Mandrake 8 or 9 server
with the same exact specs and see what we get on a side by side comparison.

duck