[bf1942] Best Version of Linux to run for this test?

RookieWan rookiewan at cistron.nl
Wed Jan 1 07:19:18 EST 2003

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: jjohnso1 at sbcglobal.net [mailto:jjohnso1 at sbcglobal.net]
Verzonden: woensdag 1 januari 2003 3:29
Aan: bf1942 at icculus.org
Onderwerp: Re: [bf1942] Best Version of Linux to run for this test?

I've asked on this list twice now for those that claim 10+ players without
lag to please post their ServerSettings.con.  So far, no one has done so.
If it were April 1st, I'd be somewhat doubtful... ;)
---

I've posted my serversettings a few times, I dont mind doing it again.
P3-1.2 Ghz, 1 GB RAM, 100 Mbit connex, server @ co-location two hops from
Dutch internet backbone. Linux version: Debian kernal 2.4.18.
Running 22 players no lag, segmentation faults being the only problem.

game.serverDedicated 1
game.serverGamePlayMode GPM_CQ
game.serverGameTime 20
game.serverMaxPlayers 22
game.serverScoreLimit 0
game.serverInternet 1
game.serverNumberOfRounds 4
game.serverSpawnTime 20
game.serverSpawnDelay 3
game.serverGameStartDelay 20
game.serverGameRoundStartDelay 10
game.serverSoldierFriendlyFire 100
game.serverVehicleFriendlyFire 100
game.serverTicketRatio 100
game.serverAlliedTeamRatio 1
game.serverAxisTeamRatio 1
game.serverCoopAiSkill 50
game.serverCoopCpu 15
game.serverPassword ""
game.setServerWelcomeMessage 0 "Welcome to Dark Forces BF1942 server."
game.setServerWelcomeMessage 1 "Don't lame or cheat."
game.setServerWelcomeMessage 2 "HAVE FUN! :)"
game.setServerWelcomeMessage 3 "Serveradmin: sgT.d3TrITus"
game.setServerWelcomeMessage 4 "email:rookiewan at darkforces.org"
game.ServerBandwidthChokeLimit 0
game.ServerMaxAllowedConnectionType CTCable128Kbps
game.ServerAllowNoseCam 1
game.ServerFreeCamera 0
game.ServerExternalViews 1
game.ServerAutoBalanceTeams 1
game.ServerNameTagDistance 50
game.ServerNameTagDistanceScope 300
game.ServerKickBack 100.000000
game.ServerKickBackOnSplash 100.000000
game.setServerSoldierFriendlyFireOnSplash 200
game.setServerVehicleFriendlyFireOnSplash 200
game.setServerIP 217.115.198.185
game.setServerPort 14567

This is it, works well on my system. I tested first with 32 clients, but
that was too laggy, brought it down to 24 and saw no lag, dropped to 22 to
ensure optimal performance without lagging players. I only notice the
"connection troubles" box prior to the server crashing due to segmentation
errors. In game I notice no lag, nor do I get reports from players in game
about lag.
With these settings server runs @ 70 to 75% CPU load, needs about 150 MB
RAM, is sending and receiving about 150 to 180 KB/s of data in total, with
the about 60 to 70% of data going upstream to the clients.