[bf1942] Jerky lag on linux servers

The Dark Clown rickbuford at greeblesnort.com
Wed Feb 26 10:43:19 EST 2003

You could install winpcap and ethereal on your client box and pull
packets...this is udp traffic, so there won't be alot of retransmitsor
other tell-tales of packet loss (unless the server responds in some 1-1
fashion), but it might be informative. If you have full access to the
server machine, you could tcpdump the traffic from it as well and
compare. This won't help much if the network is not to blame, but it
might help identify any weird network issues.

Rick

--
A computer without a Microsoft operating system is like a dog without bricks tied to its head.