[bf1942] New build segfault

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Mon Feb 24 11:27:41 EST 2003

> That looks weird. Why in the blazing skies does the server try to play
> the intro movies?

Because the startup scripts call the "playbink" function. On Windows, the
playbink function returns immediately if you're running a dedicated
server. On Linux, I have the playbink script entry point removed entirely,
hence the warning. It's harmless. Not only can it not play Binks, the
files aren't there anyhow.  :)

> recvfrom(49, 0xaa47c90, 1472, 0, 0x40b132a2, 0xbfffef44) = -1 EAGAIN
> (Resource temporarily unavailable)
>
> Well, looks like it can't bind to the port or whatnot. I didn't find
> this output useful, so i fed bf1942_lnxded to gdb.

recvfrom() reports EAGAIN if there's no data waiting and the socket is in
nonblocking mode...that's not a failed bind, though.

> [Switching to Thread 1024 (LWP 1635)]
>
> Looks like an error while switching to the second thread. The
> installation is just a tar jxvf to the old installation dir, nothing
> else changed.

There shouldn't BE a second thread.  :)

I think that's a generic GDB message. Not sure, though...there shouldn't
be multiple threads, either way.

--ryan.