COOP server killed by kernel

Joerg de la Haye bf at ritterstrasse.dyndns.org
Mon Feb 24 10:33:33 EST 2003

Hi,

I have similar problems as these two guys.
I'm trying to run a COOP server, and it stops running after a while - with or
without human players connected.

The console gives me two different causes:
Sometimes I get "seg fault" (this might be caused by a memory stick I've had
some problems with in the past), sometimes the kernel kills the process.
dmesg says "Out of Memory: Killed process 452 (bf1942_lnxded)".

Til this point the server runs fine and stable, no matter how many bots are
playing, even with Road to Rome and with other mods.
The number of bots is only responsible for the time to crash, which is
obvious, I think.

Debian unstable, Kernel 2.4.20
Pentium III 600
164 Megs
(ok, that's not too much mem, but bf1942 is the only thing this server should
run, and it shows the described behaviour even with 4 bots in a small map)

Regards,
Joerg