[bf1942] you should all know by now...

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Sat Feb 22 00:15:33 EST 2003

> Yea Ryan, do your awesome work and show us some solid builds of America's
> Army, MOH Spearhead, and BF1942. :)  bah... I figured I would just throw the
> other 2 in there, I really want to run servers for them. :)

(Spearhead is already available as a beta, but it seems to be fairly
solid, btw).

Update: I've tracked down the memory allocation loop I mentioned...at
least, it consistently took about five minutes to trigger it before and
now the server's been running for about an hour here without doing it,
which is a good sign. Optimization bug, for certain.

There still does seem to be another memory leak, though, as some people
have noted. I have an idea about what's causing that, but it'll take some
more looking. That'll come later.

As for the "move forward five meters, snap back three" bug...I have seen
it, but now I can't reproduce the damned thing anymore. If it's still
happening in the next build (which is probably will, since it seems to hit
some and not others), then I've got an idea of how to track it down, but
we'll cross that bridge tomorrow. If anyone has _EVER_ seen this happen on
a _WINDOWS_ server while having an extremely _LOW_ ping, speak up now,
because my assumption is that this is a complicated Linux-specific
problem and not some strange, dark router magic or something.

I'm fixing a few more minor things, then triggering a new build. Should be
uploading something in a few hours from now.

--ryan.