[bf1942] you should all know by now...

jon torrez jon at bordergatewayprotocol.net
Fri Feb 21 21:37:02 EST 2003

Indeed, this server is in co-op mode...

Is the source code available ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Ryan C. Gordon [mailto:icculus at clutteredmind.org]
Sent: Friday, February 21, 2003 8:45 PM
To: bf1942 at icculus.org
Subject: RE: [bf1942] you should all know by now...

> pid 97006 (bf1942_lnxded), uid 1011, was killed: out of swap space

If this is in COOP mode, where the server stops responding to clients
and
the memory usage skyrockets until the process (or system, depending on
your kernel) crashes...it's an optimization bug. I'm trying to find
exactly what's doing it, but I've a rough idea.

The bot code in this game, in my experience thus far, seriously hates
GCC
2.95.3. There've been two other optimization bugs I've found at this
point
in addition to this one.

Hopefully new build tonight. Please don't spam the list now with "WILL
[BUG X] BE FIXED?!?!?!!!111". I'll post when it's ready.

--ryan.