[bf1942] you should all know by now...

jon torrez jon at bordergatewayprotocol.net
Fri Feb 21 19:37:28 EST 2003

I've been having this problem as well; I use FreeBSD and run the server
using the linux_base emulation package in the ports tree.

I have run various iterations of debugging methods and can not isolate
what exactly causes it, From what I have witnessed it seems that the
failures, for me; are when there are multiple simultaneous aiming loops
occure - this is all that I can gather from the output produced from the
server and function calls I have logged.  Sadly I do not know the
internal structure of how the linux server is coded and debugging it is
not fun.

pid 97006 (bf1942_lnxded), uid 1011, was killed: out of swap space

This is the most common occurrence the signal used is SIGKILL (9)

This system has more then enough memory and virtual memory, maybe not
enough clock cycles though :)