[bf1942] Status of Linux server? Ryan? Hello?

Brad Davidson kiloman at oatmail.org
Wed Feb 19 12:42:09 EST 2003

> Basically this is the BF1942 Linux developement mailing list, not the EA/
> DICE rant list :)
>
> We should focus on the Linux server, stack crashes, ping issues, hacks/
> cheats which should be patched, CPU stats, Memory stats, Network load, the
> peculiar behaviour of the different Linux flavours out there etc...

Thanks. This is probably a more constructive way of saying what I meant to get
across. Ryan's working as hard as he can to get the thing working - he's said
that doesn't get paid until it's done, so I'm sure he wants it as much as you do.

We don't need people in here bitching about how the BETA hasn't been updated in
(omigod) EIGHT WHOLE DAYS. If you have a stack trace, post it. New buggy
behavior? Report it. But please keep the 'my BETA server keeps crashing, fix it
NOW NOW NOW!' to a minimum. It's not productive, and it creates more mail for
Ryan (and the rest of us) to sort through to locate legitimate issues.

Think of it this way. When Ryan checks his e-mail looking for issues that we've
encountered, what's easier - sorting through 500 messages, 480 of which are
people bitching about patches taking so long, or just seeing 20 messages with
bug reports and stack traces. Which do you think is going to get results faster?

-Brad