[bf1942] Status of Linux server? Ryan? Hello?

Jesse Hirsh jesse at openflows.org
Wed Feb 19 07:32:28 EST 2003

> >i don't think we should treat DiCE or EA with the same courtesy/
>
> They're not here. They're not listening. This list is for people who
> want to help with the development of the BF1942 Linux dedicated server -
> which, by your own description, EA/Dice are having little or nothing to
> do with.

The point is I think that has to change. I have little confidence that
this beta will become stable over time without the explicit support of
EA/DiCE.

> Complaining about EA/DiCE here is entirely futile.

But organizing ourselves is not. I don't think EA/DiCE would listen to
rants coming from pissy kids anyway. They would however listen to a formal
complaint from a community such as this. And certainly, this is the list
for that community.

So I agree, if people want to bitch and rant, this is not the place.

However if people want to organize to get more resources for the linux
beta. Then indeed, this is the place.

Either way the traffic on this list is high enough, which is fine, cause
most of us can manage. So if the traffic is already high, why not have
some part of it organizing to get what we want.

Or maybe we should just be happy with the status-quo.

> Roger
That!