[bf1942] Status of Linux server? Ryan? Hello?

Stewart, John johns at artesyncp.com
Tue Feb 18 15:01:45 EST 2003

*I* started this thread with this post. I never said anything about the client-side bug:

> Well, 1.3 Linux has been out for a while now. It's obvious it
> has some *serious* problems, making it unusable for the most of us.
>
> Many of us have been patiently waiting for a status update,
> or at least a response to these issues, in the last week.
>
> Could you *please* let us know where you are at, Ryan? Are
> you making any progress at nailing any of these bugs? Do you
> need more information from anyone to help out?

It was not clear, I agree, what bugs I was specifically referring to. But I think all of us understand the transparency bug is an issue that only can be solved by a new client patch. I know this is about the Linux server. The Linux server, as released, has serious bugs which we have been discussing since last Monday.

The last email from Ryan was on 2/10. I put his name in the subject line in the hopes that he would see this and respond with an update, given the relatively high traffic the list has had in the last week.

I do not think I was rude in asking for a status update. It has been 8 days since we heard from Ryan, when the current release of his software is not usable.

johnS