[bf1942] Anyone using Linux and DUAL CPU?

Reinder P. Gerritsen reinder at strikerz.net
Mon Feb 17 14:21:06 EST 2003

Guess I'm one of the fiew, but unfortunately, the box (Dual Tualatin
1.13) is running a batch of HL servers, which I can not shut down for
testing on BF.

In a week, my web box will be upgraded to Dual AMD 1200MP, possibly I'll
run a low player-count BF server on that one until my new dedicated BF
box is up for production. I'll have a go on that one then :)

As for the ASE value, this is correct: 7.5 x 66 MHz, get's about 495
(meaning the FSB is never a full 100*2/3 but close to it.)

Apart from that, BF is not multithreaded... Actually, not counting Q3,
which claims to be multi - sorta, there are no games at all dual-cpu
capable (that I'm aware off.)