AW: [bf1942] Lags?

g33z3r g33z3r at onlinehome.de
Sat Feb 15 11:31:03 EST 2003

Hi there,

I already reported that I have the same problem on my server. In believe
that it is not the server connection in my case.

I normally have a RTCW server running on that server and do have no
severe lag problems with that one - neither are there packet losses. The
bandwith is (when doing ftp) somewhere around 8.5 Mbit. The CPU
utilization was also far below critical levels when encountering the
lags (it lags with only one player - and also with 10 or more players).
Pings are stable at far below 100.

I think Ryan said something about switching to "select" and removing
some "sleep" calls. At least he did something in the area of the TCP/IP
communication. I have not had these kind of problems with the 1.2 server
- there were other probs then ;), but I have them since 1.3.

Cheers,
geezer