Sucking up all memory in a loop.

Fritz Elfert felfert at to.com
Fri Feb 14 02:03:51 EST 2003

Hi,

I tested 1.3 here with a 32-Player COOP setup which ran mostly fine with
latest 1.2. With 1.3 it never made it longer than the first map. Often it
crashed before. I don't have a backtrace, because usually at some point it
starts sucking up all memory and if all virtual memory is used up, gets
killed by the kernel. Here is a snapshot of the last messages in the
console. At that time, the process used ~1.1G! of memory. Shortly after
that it got killed. (I have 1G RAM + 2G Swap). Needless to say that the
machine gets pretty unresponsive when this happens.

STREAM_LOG: conn:0 S_GE:850 GEScoreMsg
STREAM_LOG: conn:0 S_GE:851 GEScoreMsg
STREAM_LOG: conn:0 S_GE:852 GEExitVehicle pId:244 ExitPlayer
STREAM_LOG: conn:0 S_GE:853 GESetDefaultVehicle pId:244 mVehicleId:490
STREAM_LOG: conn:0 S_GE:854 GENone
STREAM_DEBUG: exitvehicle USSoldier
STREAM_DEBUG: dead exit
STREAM_DEBUG: Bot dead: Roy Hunt
STREAM_DEBUG: entervehicle MultiPlayerFreeCamera
STREAM_DEBUG: Bot dead: Roy Hunt
FORMAT_DEBUG: setting hitpoints to -1
STREAM_DEBUG: Dead
STREAM_DEBUG: Remove
STREAM_DEBUG: Bot 17 registrered as dead @ 406.589 0
STREAM_LOG: conn:0 S_GE:855 GEScoreMsg
STREAM_LOG: conn:0 S_GE:856 GEScoreMsg
STREAM_LOG: conn:0 S_GE:857 GEExitVehicle pId:238 ExitPlayer
STREAM_LOG: conn:0 S_GE:858 GESetDefaultVehicle pId:238 mVehicleId:478
STREAM_DEBUG: Bot 17 dead 'Roy Hunt'
STREAM_DEBUG: No Old Target Found

-Fritz
--
Fritz Elfert                                Thinking Objects Software GmbH