[bf1942] Road to Rome

Brandon Brandon at bonnie-n-clyde.com
Thu Feb 13 05:42:35 EST 2003

I have the same problem. After doing a little investigating, it seems that when an RtR map is loaded, BF1942 makes two calls to verify 2 CD keys. I am assuming it is checking they key for both versions of BF1942. It looks like the first call suceeds (standard BF1942), but when it tries to verify the key for product code 713 (I assume this product code refers to the RtR CD key) that it hangs the client indefinitely waiting for a return of success or failure which it never seems to get. The only way I found to regain control of he client is to CTRL-ALT-DEL and end-task BF1942. You can also rename the GameSpyHost_Debug.so -> GameSpyHost.so (I think the debug version came with 1.2) which will allow the client to recover a little more gracefully (they will timeout with a failure to connect message) and all the relevant information about CD keys and checks will be displayed in the server console.

-Brandon
(Clyde)
 <http://www.bonnie-n-clyde.com> http://www.bonnie-n-clyde.com