[bf1942] DoS via BF42 Linux dedicated?

+Mc+ FragMeister fragmeister at mc-clan.com
Wed Feb 12 15:00:04 EST 2003

I can say for sure, that... it really depends on who your bandwidth
provider/host is...   I have 2 (24 and 28 player) soldier of fortune servers
running all the time, and here's my stats for bandwidth... on one of them...

Bandwidth Monitor (for cycle beginning Sat Feb 01 2003)
               Used / Threshold: 1173 MB / 300000 MB (1230133898 bytes /

But, I think I heard roughly 2 gb's a day ? 24 players or so... (I think -
not sure)

 But my Network/server provider must not monitor bandwidth usage on higher
ports because it doesn't show up...  (I have 2 separate networks/dedicated
server providers, neither have recorded any of my game servers bandwidth
yet, although it would fall within my allotted amount.)  I thought this was
important for those who may be worried about bandwidth overages.  But, your
host may monitor the ports.  Be careful. :)

Peace