[bf1942] Your Linux BF Server

Peter Norin peter.norin at songnetworks.se
Wed Feb 12 03:34:30 EST 2003

While you are on the topic of DDoS.

I have had a server exposed to this, and yes thru battlefield, or more accuratly, gamespy.

Im sure u all have heard of the issue with gamespy.

There is a "exploit" widely spread out. only thing you need to
get your "drones" is gamespy.. there is your list of IP:s.

so blocking udp 23000 was the solution which isnt that great since noone
can see the server...

tho the nice thing about linux in this case is iptables.

iptables -A input_chain -j ACCEPT -p udp --dport 23000 -m limit --limit 1/s

or something like that.

/P