[bf1942] 1.2 issues

Kevin J. Anderson lestat at counter-strike.net
Tue Feb 11 05:37:21 EST 2003

->-----Original Message-----
->From: Niels van Rooij (Pimp Jr.) [mailto:pimpjr at planetpacs.com]
->Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2003 4:33 AM
->To: bf1942 at icculus.org
->Subject: Re: [bf1942] 1.2 issues
->
->I responded to Ryan's message, and I quote: "Seriously, 1.2 is
->dead for both
->Windows and Linux".
->
->I also wonder why you think people don't use linux 1.2? We (at least my
->clan) have used the 1.2 linux server in official matches. The
->only downside
->to it was the slightly increased ping, but other than that it ran fine.
->We've gone back to 1.2 as that one is at least playable, while 1.3 isn't.
->So, claiming 1.2 is dead for both Windows and Linux is basically
->not true -
->perhaps it is in terms of development, but surely not in terms of use.
->
->Niels

hmmm, I stand corrected, because I haven't seen any linux servers being used
"seriously" yet...   If it worked well enough on your system, then more
power to ya.

kev

->> that may be true, and a smart thing for you to do.  But you obviously
->werent
->> using 1.2 linux servers, so what does your statement have to do w/ this
->> list?
->>
->> ; )
->> honestly, 1.2 for linux servers is dead.  it wasnt in any shape for
->serious
->> use, and it certainly will not be improved upon.   windows, is another
->story
->> for now, as youve said, but still nothing to do w/ this list.
->>
->> kev
->
->