[bf1942] CPU Usage

Kevin J. Anderson lestat at counter-strike.net
Tue Feb 11 00:54:58 EST 2003

->-----Original Message-----
->From: Matrix [mailto:Matrix at ServerXtreme.com]
->Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2003 12:27 AM
->To: bf1942 at icculus.org
->Subject: Re: [bf1942] CPU Usage
->
->Really!  What are you doing to bring down the CPU usage?  Looking
->around on
->the net at server hosting, everybody has pricing based on CPU usage, and
->have it higher than any other game. :(   Is the linux dedicated
->server a lot
->less of a hog than a windows server for BF1942?  I have not
->tested them both
->out since I will never run a windows server again... ever!. :-p
->

Just a hunch, but it may be more expensive for bf because it needs to be run
on windows, where as most other popular game servers have stable/good linux
servers

if bf's linux server becomes more stable etc, i am willing to bet that the
prices would go down.  although, there still is the issue on how much
network traffic per client bf takes up.... another reason why it would be
more expensive.

kev