[bf1942] CPU requirements..

James Gurney james at globalmegacorp.org
Mon Feb 10 22:22:03 EST 2003

Sid Chrome wrote:
> I've run a 64 player server on a 2.4G xeon, but it more or less becomes
> crap at around the 47 player mark. Even with 50 players on it it's only
> pulling about 5fps during large firefights (on the server side).
>
> My guesstimate for a decent 64 player server is a faster than 3Ghz cpu.

Ouch.. Maybe that's just the P4/Xeon performance though?.. The Nvidia
servers (http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=battlefield1942_servers) are
apparently Athlon 2600+ machines and they're 64 players and run just
great.. I guess maybe other factors like memory bandwidth etc. may also
  heavily influence the performance. I guess we'll probably go for the
Athlon 2600+ with the 333MHz FSB and hope for the best..

Thanks for the feedback!

James